At Western Sierra YouthBuild you can:
- Complete your high school diploma
- Receive construction training, hands-on building, landscape maintenance, property management, and retail experience with opportunities from local community agencies
- Receive industry accepted certificatessuch as HBI PACT
- Become a leader in your community
- Get FREE career development, job training and counseling services
- Participate in community service and volunteer projects
- Help others in need in NevadaCounty
Photo credit: Dee Dinelli, Sierra Roots
At Western Sierra YouthBuild, student steps into leadership role
May 5th, 2015
The Union Newspaper, Grass Valley
Ryan Bartsch was about to graduate from Silver Springs High School when he received some surprising news.
He thought he was on track to graduate, but he was told his credits had been calculated incorrectly, and he was actually three credits shy of his diploma.
Bartsch was disappointed, he said. Instead of finishing those three credits the following year, he chose to just continue working.
He spent some time as an employee of a family logging business and then picked up some other part-time tasks. But when he began to apply for full-time positions, he realized he was falling short of the qualifications employers desired.
“They all want your diploma or something like that,” Bartsch said.
Read full article at TheUnion.com